Univeris, headquartered in Toronto, Canada, is the leader in enterprise wealth management systems for the Canadian financial services marketplace with over 20 financial firms using the Univeris Enterprise Wealth Management Systems platform, representing over 17,000 Canadian financial advisors and over $62 billion CDN in assets under administration.
At Univeris, we are committed to provide our team members with the ideal place to learn, out-perform and become the best they can be. As a member of the Univeris team you will be challenged to find creative solutions through collaboration with encouraging peers and expert customers. If you have a passion for excellence and life-long learning, and are driven to create positive memorable experiences for our customers, we invite you to be part of our dynamic team.
Summary of Position:
The Senior Developer works within the framework of the development process, and acts to fulfill technical requirements by analyzing, coding, unit testing, building the software and documenting technical enhancements to existing applications and new solutions.
- Analyze, define and document requirements for data, workflow, logical processes, hardware and operating system environment
- Provide accurate estimates and deliver as estimated.
- Participates in the design effort by assisting the development of application component design specifications.
- Develops and tests components and complex subsystems in accordance with the project's adopted standards, for integration into larger systems.
- When test components, such as drivers or stubs, must be created to support testing, the developer is also responsible for developing and testing the test components and corresponding subsystems.
- Applies appropriate design patterns when writing software.
- Participates in code walkthroughs and performs code reviews providing feedback as required.
- Provides software maintenance support for existing products and customer installations
- Unit test, feature test, and regression test new and existing software application product features
- Writes appropriate unit tests and perform unit testing
- Analyzes, troubleshoots, and address the cause of problems efficiently and effectively
- Performs 3rd level support
- Creates technical documentation
- Mentors and provides technical direction as required to less senior developers
- Bachelors Degree or College Diploma from an accredited educational institution in Computer Sciences or related field
- Java-related certifications are an asset (Business component development – EJB, Web Development, Java Programmer
- 5-8 years hands-on Java development experience
- Practical application of Object Oriented Programming design and design patterns
- Working knowledge of Java technology EE5 stack:
- EJB3, JSF, JPA, JTA
- Working knowledge of J2EE development patterns
- Working Knowledge of XML/XML Schema/XSLT
- Knowledge of JBoss Seam, Hibernate; optionally Spring, Struts
- Knowledge of IDE: IntelliJ IDEA, Eclipse
- Knowledge of Java build concepts and scripting (Ant, Maven)
- Knowledge of MS SQL Server 2000/2005/2008, TSQL
- Understanding of Java application server: JBoss (Websphere, Oracle, Glassfish)
- Knowledge of versioning systems, such as SVN or equivalent
- Knowledge of Canadian Investment Industry, Mutual Funds and/or Securities processing
- Working knowledge of relational database design concepts
- Experience working with iterative methodologies (RUP)
- Windows Operating Systems: 2003/2008
- Linux Operating Systems
This role will be suitable for someone with good analytical and problem solving skills. Someone who is self motivated and has the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, detailed oriented environment
Interested candidates are invited to submit their application to: firstname.lastname@example.org